Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Paving the way for dogma: prevention + 3 more


Baba

Paving the way for dogma: prevention

Namaskar,

Here is a guideline for citing quotes from Baba’s books and the benefits are two-fold: (a) It will be easier to cross-check and confirm those quotes, and (b) it will prevent the manufacturing and circulation of fake quotes.

Page # also needed for non-English publications


#1: When citing any quote from Sadguru Baba, then the (a) book title, (b) name of the chapter, and (c) page number must be given. So readers can quickly search and confirm the veracity of the quote.

#2: For quotes that are in the English Electronic edition of Baba’s books it is completely different - the chapter name is enough.
http://anandamargauniversal.blogspot.com/

Who is the responsible party


#3: The onus lies on the person who circulates the quote. Initially they should provide all the information, and it is their duty to provide further clarification to those readers who request it.

Paving the way for dogma in the name of Baba


#4: Remember, the first step of the ruination of Baba’s teachings occurs when people spread quotes in the name of Baba without fully citing the source of that quote. If this type of loose approach continues then every Tom, Dick, and Harry will start writing their own mental feeling and stick Baba's name as the signature.

#5: By this way, in the name of Baba, little by little, all those dogmas which are condemned by Ananda Marga philosophy like idol worship, caste marriage, and gay marriage will slowly gain traction. Step by step, those bogus quotes will state that these dogmas are very good and approved by Baba. Until ultimately we will wake up one fine morning and read: “Meat-eating is very good for Ananda Margiis - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti.”

#6: Today this may look or sound outlandish but history proves that this is the way distortion happens. For instance, if you pick up Lord Krsna’s teachings you will find that the caste system is appreciated. It was only when Baba clarified this matter that it became clear that Lord Krsna did not appreciate the caste system. Rather Lord Krsna opposed the caste system but devious followers put their dogmatic views in Lord Krsna’s name.

#7: The aforementioned parameters will help greatly in protecting and safeguarding the authenticity of Sadguru Baba’s teachings.
http://anandamargauniversal.blogspot.com/

Conclusion


Distributing quotes without a complete and proper citation or reference is a very negative trend. It opens the door for false lines to get printed in Baba's name. And It paves the way for the adulteration of Sadguru Baba's teachings. History bears testimony how the doctrines of various social thinkers, spiritual leaders, and Mahasambhutis has been polluted and destroyed in this way. We should not let this happen with Sadguru Baba’s teachings as well.

In Him,
Advatiiya


*        *        *

The below sections are entirely different topics, unrelated to the above material.
They stand on their own as points of interest.


*        *        *

== Section 2: Prabhat Samgiita ==

You provided me all

"Toma're balo kii na'me d'aki, kon bha'vana'y mete tha'ki..." (Prabhat Samgiita #4940)

Purport:

Baba, my Lord, please guide me how I should sing Your glory and chant Your name. By what name may I call You. How should I contemplate and ideate on You. Kindly show me. In the dawn of the morning I see this colourful world, and I listen to the chirping of the birds with my own ears. This is all because You have bestowed Your divine grace upon me. You have done and are doing so much for me.

In my infancy when I was completely helpless, You provided me with the affectionate heart and lap of my mother. And also You have given so many things through the medium of my laokik father - and also with so many teachers. They all helped and guided me; this is Your grace. You arranged everything for me in a very systematic way.

Whatever I have, everything is Your gift. Even my mind, heart, and prana, You have given with Your grace-compassion. Baba, You have blessed me so much in all the ways. Still, I could not contribute anything substantial for You. I did not do anything meaningful on this earth. Please guide me how I can sing Your glory with a content heart and full feeling...



== Section 3: Important Teaching ==

Hypochondriacs: how to help

Even though they do not have any physical problem, psychically diseased people mentally suffer and cry and complain about different imagined physical ailments. Such types of psychic diseases are called mania. There was no disease per se, but the person was convinced he was sick. Following is one example:

Sadguru Baba says, "There was another person I knew who was quite healthy and carried out his daily activities with ease, and yet he was under the impression, for no particular reason, that there was some trouble in his stomach. Actually there was no disease; he was in good health. Yet occasionally he used to come to me and complain that there was some disorder in his stomach. This was his [psychic disease] of mania." (1)

Herein lies the solution:

Ananda Marga philosophy says, "One of the numerous benefits of sa'dhana' is that it keeps the mind free from psychic disease." (2)

Reference
1. Ananda Marga Philosophy in a Nutshell - 5, The Faculty of Knowledge – 3
2. Ananda Marga Philosophy in a Nutshell - 5, The Faculty of Knowledge – 3


== Section 4: Links ==


SUBJECTS TOPICS