Search This Blog

Monday, March 27, 2023

To ruin sadhana + 4 more

Baba
To ruin sadhana
Namaskar,

Some think that when they sit for sadhana then all kinds of stray thoughts flood the mind, but when they are not doing sadhana then those types of thoughts do not occur. But this is not correct. Always those stray thoughts are being generated but when one is not practicing sadhana they do not notice it.
https://anandamargauniversal.blogspot.com/

Bad: keeping a diary during sadhana to note stray thoughts


It is just like if you throw trash in a very clean area then immediately you will notice the garbage in that place. But if you go to the garbage dump and toss more trash there, then no one will notice that trash because already there is so much garbage there.

Similarly, when the mind is involved in sadhana it is getting cleansed so stray thoughts are very noticeable. And when the mind is not involved in sadhana, then it is dirty and distracted, so one does not take note of those stray thoughts because already the mind is goaded in so many different ways. Those stray thoughts are just like adding more junk to the heap of garbage.

Some think that keeping a worldly diary by their side during sadhana is a good idea so they can write down those mundane points and stray ideas. But this is a very bad thing to do. In that case, one cannot ever do sadhana, rather they will just be caught up in crude thinking and when sadhana time comes then more and more of those thoughts will fill the mind and one will go on writing them down. This is a very negative and degrading approach. Rather when those thoughts come they should be immediately pushed aside; one should vigorously redirect their mind toward their spiritual practice and cherished Goal.
https://anandamargauniversal.blogspot.com/

At the time of sadhana one should not think about other worldly matters, rather one is to focus on their meditation.  

Sadguru Baba guide His bhaktas


As Guru, Baba guides His bhaktas onto the right path, irrespective of where they are. Always He is present to benevolently guide them in all kinds of ways. Indeed, there are countless stories recounted by sadhakas how Baba helped them in their time of need and brought them onto the path of dharma. Baba has blessed all His disciples in this way, directly and indirectly. Still He is doing this, and He will continue to guide His bhaktas in this way forever.

Ananda Marga teachings guide us, "While doing anything, while doing any mundane duty or doing any spiritual practice – you should always remember that He is Subject, He is seeing what you are doing. He is hearing what you are thinking. You cannot do anything secretly. He is always with you...you are never alone; He is always with you. You are never helpless, you are never shelterless, you are never weak, you are the strongest personality of the universe, because the Supreme Entity is always with you." (1)

Here the point is that Baba is with His disciples all the 24hrs. He is ever-ready to guide and protect you, and there are innumerable ways in which He might express His presence - now and far, far into the future He will be doing this. It is purely His unfathomable grace.
https://anandamargauniversal.blogspot.com/

Ananda Marga teachings guides us, "Now the first phase of the process is physico-psychic – that is, withdrawing the mind from different physical objects and bringing it to a particular point, and directing that point towards the realm of mind. And next is a phase of withdrawing the mind from different mental objects, from different mental pabula, and directing it towards the Supreme Subjectivity. Now this process of movement is the process of concentration." (2)

Conclusion


When doing sadhana do be sidetracked by all kinds of distraction, rather with doubled efforts redirect the mind towards the spiritual Goal. 

Ananda Marga philosophy states, "From the psychic sphere also, unnecessary waves are to be removed. This will remove many burdens from the mind. “I must not bother about petty things, because that will waste my time” – people should remember this. This removal or rather withdrawal of unnecessary and undesirable thoughts emanated from the mind will help you in rationalizing the major portion of your mental faculty, so this must also be practised. The cult of spirituality is a cult of pinnacled order." (3)

Namaskar,
In Him,
Ksema Deva

~ In-depth study ~


    Guru's book Yoga Psychology teaches us, "Now everywhere, in cent per cent of the cases, there is wastage of human psychic potentiality. The psychic potentialities of human beings are immense, but people do not utilize them because most of their valuable time is wasted in undesirable thoughts, in psychic extravaganza. Suppose human life is an average of sixty years. Twenty years of that is spent in sleep, and the remaining forty years are wasted in petty or useless activities. How much time do people really get to devote to worthwhile tasks?"
    "This psychic extravaganza should be checked either by physical approach, or psychic approach, or by spirituo-psychic approach. People should have some control over their breathing, over their respiratory system, because the waves of respiration control the waves of thinking. Whenever you are doing something crude, your respiration becomes very active; and when you are thinking of something subtle, it becomes slow, extremely slow. And finally, when this respiration coincides, or becomes one, with one’s thought-waves, that stage is known as hat́ha yoga samádhi. That is, the physical exertions, the physical emanations, become one with the psychic emanations. So some degree of control over respiration is essential." (4)

When unit ensconced in the Supreme


   Ananda Marga ideology explains, "You must have a spiritual goal. You must know what to do, what not to do, how to do, why to do. And for this purpose, the movement is to make the mind pinnacled, apexed, and bring all the propensities to that point, and goad it towards your spiritual goal."
   "But a man says, I am an ordinary man, how am I to concentrate the mind? How am I to bring all my propensities to a particular point and goad that pointed mind towards the spiritual goal? It is a natural question...."
   "Then what to do? One must remember that one’s unit consciousness is a microscopic fraction of that Parama Puruśa, or that Cosmic Consciousness. I have already said that when one unit thinks that “I am a drop of water,” it is a drop of water. And when it thinks that “I am not a drop of water, I am the ocean,” it is the ocean. Similarly, when the unit ensconces itself in the Supreme Excellence it becomes Supreme, it becomes one with the Lord. And when it becomes one with the Lord no obstacle can defeat him." (5)

Ananda Marga ideology tells us, "When I think I am His object and He is my subject, I cannot commit any wrong under any circumstances. His ever wakeful conscience will constantly warn me, “What are you doing? He is watching you.”" (6)

Baba story: trash in sadhana


I went to Patna to attend to some family matters and while there I faced a lot of clash. When I came back to Jamalpur, I sat for my regular sadhana. But, in place of doing proper sadhana and japa, all the trouble and difficulties of the trip to Patna flooded my mind. I became immersed in those mundane thoughts. I completely forgot that I was supposed to be doing sadhana.
https://anandamargauniversal.blogspot.com/

It was then that I clearly heard Baba's voice. In a scolding tone Baba was saying: "Dashrath...Dashrath...Dashrath...". Baba called my name three times.

Hearing this I was completely surprised. I broke my sadhana and started searching all around to find Baba. I went outside but I did not see Baba. I was thinking, "Where has Baba gone, how has He left so quickly, why is He not here."

I wondered, "When Baba is not here then how did His voice reach me."

I then returned to my seated posture and did my sadhana as usual. I also thought I should go see Baba that evening.

Fieldwalk with Baba


So that evening I made it over to Baba's residence around the time that He would go for regular His fieldwalk. I was standing outside His house with the plan that when He comes out then I will accompany Him on His walk.
https://anandamargauniversal.blogspot.com/

In His usual way, Baba came out from the house and began walking. I started following Him, just keeping a few paces behind. I was thinking when I get the opportune moment I will ask Baba about His coming to my house and why did He leave so quickly without waiting for me. I wanted to know if He was angry with me for not doing meditation in the correct way. I wanted to ask Baba why He came to my house and called me and then left so quickly. While walking, I had these thoughts in my mind.

When the right moment arrived, I asked in a very humble manner, "Baba, did You become annoyed with me today when I was not doing sadhana properly - is that why You scolded me?"

Hearing this, Baba smiled and He started talking on another matter.

Since that time I became very particular in my sadhana. If worldly thoughts ever entered my mind and intruded upon my spiritual practice, I did not entertain them at all. I just re-focused my mind on my meditation, by His grace.

(Note: Above is a first-hand account from family Acarya Dashrathji of Jamalpur. Some mistakenly think his name is spelled as Dasarath or Dasrath, but those are not correct. The proper spelling is Dashrath, and that is what has been used in the above story.)

References
1. Ananda Vacanamrtam, part 12, The Only Cult
2. Ananda Vacanamrtam - 23, How to Concentrate
3. Yoga Psychology, The Cult of Spirituality – the Cult of Pinnacled Order
4. Yoga Psychology, The Cult of Spirituality – the Cult of Pinnacled Order
5. Subhasita Samgraha - 13, Subjective Approach and Objective Adjustment
6. Ananda Marga Ideology and Way of Life - 10, Cognitive Faculty and the Supreme Desideratum

Plagiary?

It is the accepted international standard and Baba's system not to copy another's work and publish it in your own way. Baba has given a very strict rule on plagiarism. Why is Baba against plagiarism or stealing someone's work? There are many reasons:

1) It is against the code of asteya (non-stealing).

2) Countless stories of bhaktas need to be published. But some do not want to do the hard work of compiling and writing these stories, so they just steal them from others. But new stories need to be told, otherwise so many unpublished stories of sadhakas will be lost and forgotten forever. So watch out for story thieves, and kindly help them not to steal by posting on social media in their own way. If you want to forward this story then attach the following yellow section with the story: 

“Courtesy of unknown bhakta via Ananda Marga Universal (https://anandamargauniversal.blogspot.com/)”

This will be treated as the standard protocol.


== Section: Important Teaching ==

Why dearth of aspirants


Ananda Marga ideology guides us, “Among so many people in our human society, very few get the opportunity to acquire spiritual knowledge. And among these, a still smaller percentage get the chance to undergo practical training. Why? Because the science is rare, the aspirants are rarer, and the teachers are rarer still.” (1)

Reference
1. Ananda Vacanamrtam - 4 The Three Prerequisites for Spiritual Knowledge


== Section: Important Teaching ==

Consequences of retrenching people without arranging a alternative job

According to Prout philosophy, "For the all-round welfare of human beings, society needs to follow some fundamental socio-political principles. Without the firm foundation of such principles, disunity, injustice and exploitation will flourish."

"First people should not be retrenched from their livelihood unless alternative employment has been arranged for them."

“In India during the time of the British, many small kingdoms were ruled by rajas and maharajas. When India became independent, these kingdoms merged into India, and the Indian government decided to pay the former monarchs a stipend. However, this scheme was not a good idea, because many former monarchs wasted money and lived luxurious, sycophantic lifestyles. After a particular leader became prime minister, the scheme was abandoned at short notice. This caused economic hardship for some of the less well-off recipients who were unable to make alternative financial arrangements. Some old people in particular found it difficult to adjust. While the government should not have adopted the scheme in the first place, having adopted it, the government should have withdrawn it gradually and taken the responsibility for looking after the elderly people on humanitarian grounds.”

“Now you understand the consequences of retrenching people without arranging a suitable alternative livelihood for them.” (1)

Reference
1. Prout in a Nutshell-16, Three Cardinal Socio-Political Principles


SUBJECTS TOPICS